Monday, October 17, 2011

80 Days Until Departure

Bonjour!
Today marks the 80th day until I leave. I am super excited, but I have come to a few realizations.
1) Reading books in straight french is HARD. As obvious as this sounds, it sort of shocked me. In French class we are reading Le Petit Nicolas. There is a substantial amount I understand, but in some of the stories I am just thinking, "Woah, what just happened!" Very obvious, but also completely true.
2) I am really going to miss my familly. Again, very obvious, but as each days passes, I think I notice it more and more.
3) Okay so I lied, these are ALL obvious but anyways, it is so much harder to communicate in a language that is not your first language. I have been emailing my host family and I want to say something, but now I have to think of a whole new way to phrase it using my French knowledge.

This brings me to my next point... My host family seems amazing! I have been emailing them and I am so excited to meet them! They are even trying to get me in a theater class in my lycee (French high school) and possibly piano lessons outside of class, how cool is that? Wait I know, VERY cool!

I guess thats all I have for now.
Until next time...
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment